Tuesday 10 September 2013

MNEK v Disclosure - White Noise Remixes

There are two solid versions of MNEK's refix of White Noise by Disclosure and AlunaGeorge that I've had on repeat since I heard them earlier this year. The original refix (above) is a very deep and gritty version with bass. Even though MNEK tags it is 'pop electronic', I think it's a bit more than that even though I can't fit it into a specific genre.

The second version is a remix of a remix - Full Crate and FS Green decided to remix MNEK's version of White Noise and came up with a smoother and more soulful sound that reminds me of a blend of garage and soulful funky house. It's definitely more house oriented, softer and bubblier than MNEK's original version. Nonetheless, MNEK's incredible voice prevails in both versions displaying real raw talent!

Listen to both and decide which one is better. They're both different but on par to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment