Tuesday 17 September 2013

Rudimental - Baby (Kayzee Remix) ft. MKEK & Sinead Harnett

I'm pretty certain that Rudimental's Baby is the most played track on my iTunes at the moment. There's just something really beautiful and catchy about the song which is only amplified by MNEK and Sinead Harnett's incredible mesh of voices and tones. It's by far the best song on their Home album so I was excited when they launched a competition to encourage their fans and creative folks to remix their song. I've spent a good amount of time going through the various remixes that have been uploaded so far and found myself drawn to one in particular.



The groove added to the original song is crazy. During certain parts of the remix, the chords do a subtle little funky riff and it's beautiful. Listen to what I mean at 1.39-1.41. Some of the other remix attempts simply add a slightly different beat/ extra chords but retain the songs original state and flow. But I love this remix because it samples the song, using bits and pieces from the original vocals and beat whilst still coming across as an original song in its own right.

No comments:

Post a Comment